The newsletter writer's guide to project management
The newsletter is a lost art. Long before the rise of blogging and networking sites the newsletter was one of the only ways to organize socially on the internet. The ease of use compared to any "web 2.0" technology is unparalleled. "Here's the email address, it goes to everybody." Do you really need to say more than that?
Key to the success of any list is a general understanding of how and when your audience uses computers. For those of us who work day jobs this is relatively simple. Catch us during working hours, Monday through Friday, and you've got our attention.
When to send
- Monday morning review. This is the best time to have a great impact with your readership
- Tuesday individuals. Contact people individually to get the buzz going
- Wednesday business. Get whatever it is you need to complete done today Why not?
- Thursday event. This is a very reliable day to host any event, it beats NBC sitcoms
- Friday wrap up. The thank-you letters must go out now, or they won't go out at all
- Mailing list. This will make managing the list simple. Web forms are ok too.
- Blog. The common man'z way of learnin stuff.
Fund writing like this (and consent to cookies) 🍪 ☕
Send a comment 💬